CALENDAR FEATURE -- one of the most powerful tools on the website
- The calendar is presented to the viewer at several locations throughout the site and selected exhibitions may appear in our periodic newsletter.
- Exhibitions can be selected by date, by geographic area, or by keyword.
- Exhibitions are summarized and linked as part of the gallery listing and location information.
Galleries are encouraged to post their exhibition details directly.
RECOMMENDED BEST PRACTICE:
- For future reference, there is an Art Event Calendar on the right column of both the Homepage and the Calendar page with a SUBMIT YOURS button located below.
- You can also click on SUBMIT YOURS here and complete the form. But please read the instructions below first.
- IMAGES are a very important component but must be submitted separately. Please send (jpg, rgb format, less than 750 kb in size) to email@example.com from where they will be uploaded on your behalf. Click on email address for pre-filled email.
- The CATEGORY 'Art & Exhibitions' is at the top of the list.
- Most gallery names and contact information are already entered into the system. The complete gallery name (highlighted with green background) should appear as the name is entered in the VENUE box. Just click on it when it appears. No need to re-enter the name.
- If the gallery name is not recognized by the system, be sure to include complete contact information for the venue, particularly the url, so we can describe it appropriately on the site.
- It is important to include complete, detailed information about the exhibition and/or the artist in the 'Event Info' box. More information is better.
- For maximum impact, be sure to INCLUDE THE END DATE for the exhibition. The opening date, artist in attendance, etc. can be included in a separate paragraph within the body text. It will be highlighted.
- A 'teaser' description (to encourage the viewer to click on the full listing) will be created automatically from the first 250 characters of the Event Info.
- For the EVENT NAME, you should choose something that is meaningful on its own (including the artist's name) so the viewer will be encouraged to click for more information.
- In the URL box it is highly recommended to indicate the address for the specific artist's page on the gallery site (or an artist's personal site) where more examples of the artwork may be found, rather than simply the homepage address.
- CHECK YOUR SUBMISSION CAREFULLY and click on PREVIEW to confirm..
- No password is required but, as a security measure, in the final box you must ENTER WORD FROM IMAGE before you SUBMIT EVENT.
- All submissions go through an approval process before being published. This normally is completed within 48 hours.
- CORRECTIONS or CHANGES must be submitted to THIS EMAIL.