CALENDAR FEATURE -- one of the most powerful tools on the website
- The calendar is presented to the viewer at several locations throughout the site
- Exhibitions can be selected by date, by geographic area, or by keyword
- Exhibitions are summarized and linked as part of the gallery listing and location information
- And there is an option on the maps to also display events at nearby galleries.
- If significant information is provided about the artist and the exhibition, along with an image, the Editor may choose to archive the information indefiinitely for retrieval by name from the ARTIST INDEX.
Galleries are encouraged to post their exhibition details directly. Read on. Here's the recommended best practice:
- There is an Art Event Calendar on the right column of both the Homepage and the Calendar page with a SUBMIT YOURS button located below.
- Click on SUBMIT YOURS here, or in the future at either of those locations, and complete the form. But please read the instructions below first.
- IMAGES (jpg, rgb format, less than 250 kb in size) must be submitted separately to UPLOAD IMAGE from which they will be uploaded on your behalf.
- The CATEGORY 'Art & Exhibitions' is at the top of the list.
- Most gallery names and contact information are already entered into the system. The complete gallery name (highlighted with green background) should appear as the name is entered in the VENUE box. Just click on it when it appears. No need to re-enter the name.
- If the gallery name is not recognized by the system, be sure to include complete contact information for the venue, particularly the url, so we can describe it appropriately on the site.
- SOFTWARE REVISION: A recent software update eliminated the second info box on the event form. It is important to nclude complete, detailed information about the exhibition and/or the artist in the 'Event Info' box.
The 'teaser' description (to encourage the viewer to click on the full listing) will be created automatically from the first 250 characters of the Event Info.
- For the EVENT NAME, you should choose something that is meaningful on its own so the viewer will be encouraged to click for more information.
In the URL box it is highly recommended to indicate the address for the specific artist's page on the gallery site (or an artist's personal site) where more examples of the artwork may be found, rather than simply the homepage address.
- CHECK YOUR SUBMISSION CAREFULLY and click on PREVIEW to confirm..
No password is required but, as a security measure, in the final box you must ENTER WORD FROM IMAGE before you SUBMIT EVENT.
- All submissions go through an approval process before being published. This normally is completed within 48 hours.
- CORRECTIONS or CHANGES must be submitted to THIS EMAIL.