The Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art is currently seeking submissions for the 2014-2015 programming year.
The Alternator accepts exhibition proposals from artists and curators. Selections are based on:
* Compatibility with the Alternator's mandate
* Quality of the proposal
* Quality of work submitted by the artist
* Availability of space
SUBMISSIONS ARE REVIEWED ON AN ONGOING BASIS. CAR/FAC fees are paid. Submissions from both individual artists and groups will be considered with an emphasis on an experimental approach.
In 2014 the Alternator is inviting exhibiting artists to create an extension of their work for public space. Please include a short proposal for this secondary component along with your submission. For example this might include a banner, posters, public performance or outdoor projection. A separate presentation fee will be paid.
Please include all of the following when submitting your proposal:
* A brief description (maximum 300 words) clearly outlining the exhibition you are proposing
* Artist statement - maximum 500 words
* Curriculum vitae
* 15-20 images with name and title. Video artists may submit a video no longer than 5 minutes
* Image list detailing medium and size
* Self addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope (for return only)
Please submit images in jpeg format. Label jpg images with number and title, for example: 01_title.jpg, 02_title.jpg etc. Jpg images must be 72 dpi, maximum 1024 x 768 pixels. 500 KB (0.5MB). Applications submitted by e-mail are not accepted.
Send proposals to:
Attn: Programming Committee
The Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art
421 Cawtson Ave, Unit 103
A copy of the Alternator’s programming policy can be found online at: http://alternatorcentre.com/submit/call_for_submissions/