‘CALL FOR ARTIST ENTRIES’
for a group exhibit open to all visual artists
‘Faces of Israel!’
Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery
April 11th to May 5th, 2013
Media: drawing, painting, mixed media, fibre art, collage and/or photography
Theme: The visual art exhibit, ‘Faces of Israel’ will be presented by the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery in collaboration with Festival Ha’Rikud, an Israeli dance festival. While dancers and choreographers will draw inspiration from music and culture to celebrate the diversity of the people of Israel through dance; visual artists will celebrate the many faces of Israel visually in this group art exhibit. All of the artwork, chosen by a jury, will be on display in the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery.
Commission on Sales: All of the art must be for sale. The Gallery receives a 25% commission.
Application deadline: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 4 pm.
- A cheque for a submission fee of $25 made out to the Jewish Community Centre
- artist’s contact information
- brief artist statement on the art submitted
- curriculum vitae
- Slides, photos or a CD of up to 3 pieces of art on the above theme. Clearly indicate that this is your entry for the “Faces of Israel” Exhibition. Submissions by email are not accepted.
- Please make sure that your application is marked for the attention of Reisa Smiley Schneider.
- Include a stamped self addressed envelope so that we can return the slides, photos or the CD.
Artists submitting work for the “Faces of Israel” exhibit will receive notification of the jury’s decision by Wednesday, March 6, 2013 and will be responsible for delivering the art ‘professionally framed’ and ready for gallery installation (instructions will be provided for prep) to Reisa Smiley Schneider at the Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery between 8 am and 9 am on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 and for picking the art up on Mon, May 6 between 10:30 am & 2:30 pm.
FOR ARTISTS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE AND WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SOLO OR GROUP SHOW FOR THE GALLERY’S NEXT SEASON.
Please submit a separate application with10 other slides or photos or a CD (Submit PC compatible files only in JPEG or TIF format with high resolution, individual files should be 0.5MB maximum.) Original artwork will not be accepted. Label the files on the CD. Label photos on the back with title and your name. Each slide should be numbered on the LEFT hand TOP of the slide. The name of the artist should be printed on the RIGHT hand top. The title of the work should be on the BOTTOM. Also include:
- artist’s contact information, an artist statement and a curriculum vitae
- a numbered typed list of the submitted images including title, size, medium and year
- a stamped self addressed envelope so that we can return your slides, photos or CD.
Artists submitting work for a solo or group show in the 2012/2013 gallery season will receive notification by mid June.
When mailing your entry, please post it to arrive by Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Address the submission to:
Reisa Smiley Schneider,
c/o Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver
950 West 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7.
The gallery is not responsible for loss or damage. Do not submit original work.
For more information, call Reisa at 604 638 7277, 604 257 5111 ext. 244 or at firstname.lastname@example.org