Prairie Contemporary at Red Deer MAG
The Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery seeks submissions for Prairie Contemporary to be exhibited in the fall of 2016. Curated by Erin Boake and Marnie Blair, this call for entry invites emerging artists to apply.
Red Deer has a wealth of blossoming artistic talent within its fold. We seek to exhibit emerging artists who choose to make this region their home. By providing a venue to reveal local contemporary artwork, we are celebrating the vast diversity of creativity by our community’s up-and-coming artists.
Please submit the following by mail or email at email@example.com
• Artist Statement (250 words or less)
• Artist Biography (100 words or less)
• Curriculum Vitae (3 pages max)
• Visual Support Material: 10 images of your artistic work
• Image List including title, date, medium, size (and description if necessary)
o Image files: up to 1 mb each jpeg files only
o Video files: up to 60 mb each, zipped files, no longer than 5 minutes in length (URLs can be submitted for large video works)
o Audio files: up to 30mb each, zipped files, no longer than 5 minutes in length (URLs can be submitted for large audio works)
• Artists identify as emerging and have resided in Red Deer and region (Ponoka to Olds and Rocky Mountain House to Stettler) in the past 5 years
• A self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage for return delivery if required.
If you have any questions about the Prairie Contemporary submission, please contact the curators at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline for PRAIRIE CONTEMPORARY: Emailed or Postmarked by April 1st 2016
Regional Emerging Artist Exhibition
Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery
4525 47A Ave
Red Deer, AB
In-complete proposals will not be accepted.